December was not quite as relaxing as I’d hoped — is it ever? — but pretty awesome. Some favorite blog posts…
Awesome Things That Happened:
1. I traveled down to Boston with my good friend Cortney — I got to meet with some repeat clients that I adore (hi, Britni & Ben!), spend time with my love Cortney, have an awesome lunch, buy way too much makeup, AND finally meet her friend CJ.
2. We went to my husband’s work Christmas party and my group won at trivia one of the rounds — HELL YEAH. Nate unfortunately got a bout of food poisoning that night (unrelated to the party) buuuuut I’m going to pretend that never happened.
3. We went to a pottery sale with Nate’s parents and then walked around the area and popped into random little shops with them before heading to Rising Tide Brewing Company and Maine Craft Distilling to cap off the night. They tasted some beer and I tasted some blueberry moonshine and whiskey before enjoying my favorite, a gin & tonic.
4. We spent an evening at his parents’ house decorating their tree (well, watching his Mom decorate) and we had some amazing tacos and I finally got to officially meet her good friend Anissa who was a BLAST.
5. I had lunch with Cortney and our friend Andrew, another photographer — got to enjoy some food at Silly’s (one of my favorite local spots), ordered myself an entire cake as an early Christmas present, and then sat around at Coffee by Design.
6. I finished my entire workload of editing which was the biggest relief I’ve felt in a LONG time.
7. We spent Christmas Eve playing Cards Against Humanity with my Mom, Christmas Day with Nate’s family (waffles for breakfast, presents, baking cookies, and watching Die Hard), the Sunday after Christmas with my family (Cards Against Humanity, gingerbread cookies), and that Sunday night doing a birthday dinner for my brother at Local 188 (deeelicious).
8. We’re about to spend a super low-key New Year’s Eve sipping booze, eating spaghetti and garlic bread, playing UNO, and just generally being old-people-trapped-in-young-peoples’-bodies. WOO! Happy 2015 to you. 😀